FIRST PROTOTYPE OF PRODUCT TO BE MADE IN GBALAVE TOGO WORKSHOP
Andy Lee Graham will buy 20 different wood products from Togo "Menuiseries"
The step by step business of making wood products, and selling in Togo, West Africa. Everything will be made public, shared, with the hope of allowing Togolese people to copy, borrow, or steal concepts. We will use a principle of "passive transfer," as successfully utilized by Eden Foundation in Niger.
We will utilize the principles of:
1. Economies of scale:
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89conomie_d%27%C3%A9chelle2. Shipping by container ships. (Maersk)
3. We will supply educational media to Togo, with the goal that students, teachers, and can learn skills learned in USA, Germany, Europe.- Books and sources of books, buy, free PDF- Videos, and sources of free videos - YouTube- Translation of books.- Printing of photograph heavy books locally in Kpalime, Togo, and bound into books for students, workers.
4. Communication with world of products made in Togo.Skype, Cell Phone, Postal, E-mail.
5. Selling on Internet with Amazon.com
6. Inventory at Amazon.
6. Fulfillment of orders by Amazon.
7. Transfer of money profits to Togo.Western Union, Wire Transfers, Paypal
8. Sharing of information on Internet, so other Togolese can learn, copy.
This will benefit the Togolese economy.
GOALS OF ANDY LEE GRAHAM
How many? - 20 products in lots of 100
Who? Andy Lee Graham --- Ali ,and Investor from Germany - Steve USAAndy Lee GrahamInternet Site OwnerWriterPhotographerVideographerCabinet MakerFBA Amazon.com marketer - Fulfillment by Amazon
Where?1. Kpalime2. Gbalave3. Keve4. Agoe 5. Lome ---Adidigome
Why?- To benefit from the cheap Teak, and labor of Togo, then selling the wood products in Germany and USA on Amazon.com, or wholesale- To create an ongoing source of buyers of Togo wood, and wood products.- To create pride in Togo products.
When?- Starting August 1, 2015
Money? Profits? Projections?- Workers to earn 1000-5000 CFA per day- Our goal is to pay workers 2 times the normal salary per day.- We will pay per piece
Money Benefit to Wood shops?- Ongoing order of products- Sell the products- Teach the business of furniture sales- Economies of scale ========================================
GBALAVE WORKSHOP TO PROVIDE
1. Depot2. Teacher salaries3. Location to set up Solar Wood Kiln provided by Andy Lee Graham4. Electricity 5. Students 6. Teachers- The teachers to be chosen by Andy Lee Graham.- The school must allow Andy Lee Graham will solicit, and bring in a constant supply of USA, German, and French volunteers.) 7. Tools, equipment, and safety.
Teachers Requirements to create culture of quality in Togo
1. Read French2. Arrive 15 minutes before class starts.3. Enforce class to start at 7:00 am, and end at 2:00 pm, and no lunch. 4. Culture of respect, hello, please, thank you.5. No drinking, eating, cell phone, smart phone, smoking at work. 6. Allow videos, photography without money compensation.7. Sign work, and allow photograph, videos without money compensation.8. Teacher to deny entry to students that arrive late. 9. Communicate by e-mail, skype, Facebook.10. They own one book on woodworking.11. They reply to calls, they do not flash.12. They reply to text messages, and spelling is correct.13. Reciprocity of respect, say thank you, and response of your welcome.14. Obligated to answer students questions.
(We do understand, that we may need to find 200 people to find one person who can do this.)
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR MAKING DECISIONS
Searching for products to sell
- Internet- Books to buy- Survey of products sold in city, country.- Buying products as examples
Estimating cost to make:
- Buying trees- Cutting wood- Making of Prototype- Survey of carpenters
Testing wood product to know if sells - Does the product sell?- Displaying in front of business- Showing to friends, family, and stores- Demonstration of product to stores- Send 25 of product to Amazon.com USA
Where to buy the trees?
- Wood Depots- Carpenter shops- Purchase from private owners of trees- Purchase from saw mill location in Lome. (Easiest)- Purchase from Operators- Purchase from chain saw operators. - Owners of trees bringing logs to workshop. (Cheapest)
Transportation of Trees- Motorcycles- Carts- Trucks- Carry on head- Vans- 5 Place cars- 7 Place cars.
Legal - O.D.E.F.- Permission papers- Licenses- Bribes- Exporting license for Togo
THIS IS THE REAL PLANS AS OF TODAY - AUGUST 8, 2015
----- COMPLETED ALREADY ----Choose one product DONEMake 5-10 prototypes DONECreating steel patterns DONE--- TO START SOON ----GBALAVE - Transport solar kiln at Gbalave work shop.GBALAVE - Connect to electricity - make sure we have 24 hour electricity.TRAVEL TO LOME - Rent Hotel room with Antoine.Checklists to take:1. Wine Tote example2. Tape Measures 3. Moisture meter 4. Money 5. Steel patterns6. Call owner of Wood depot in Lome, tell him we are coming and needs.7. Stop in Agoe on return, and learn how to get papers for transport of wood. ODEFLOME - TO BUY IN LOME OR DO WHILE IN PROCESS- 6 Thermometers at Ramco- Visit Maersk shipping at Palm Beach Hotel, Damco- Visit USA Embassy- Visit Togo exporting license office- Buy 3 thermostats for fan in kilnLOME - Buy 15 logs roughly 12 inches in diamter for 5000 CFA each.LOME - Have cut to thickness.LOME - Have planedLOME - Have cut to widthsLOME - Arrange for transportation to KpalimeLOME - Andy goes by car to Gbalave, separate from wood.LOME - Antoine goes with wood to GbalaveGBALAVE - Find 3 boys to help unload wood, and put into kilnGBALAVE - Load kiln with wood with 3 boys.GBALAVE - Show kiln to 3-5 leaders of school, and ask them to watch.GBALAVE - Lock kilnGBALAVE - Start fan inside kilnGBALAVE - Check moisture content of 5 different levels of stack.1. Bottom2. ---3. Middle moisture4. ---5. TopWe need to see if they dry even.GBALAVE - Return to check moisture.GBALAVE - Make a log of moisture in wood, keep for 14 days.GBALAVE - Calculate daily, weekly, monthly decrese in water content.GBALAVE - Make estimatation of when dried to 8 percentGBALAVE - Find room for Andy in Gbalave to rent for 10,000 cfa with shower insideWAITING FOR WOOD TO DRYPREPARE FOR SHIPMENT OF LOGS TO INDIAPREPARE FOR SHIPMENT OF PRODUCTS TO USAKPALIME - Rent room in Kpalime for storage at 5000 cfa per month.KPALIME - Make 5-10 more productsKPALIME - Buy products ready to sell from TogoKPALIME - Put products into storage roomLOME - Andy rents room, and negotiates with Shipping, Freight forwarders.LOME - Talk to American Embassy on Licenses to USALOME - Talk with German Embassy on License to GermanyLOME - Talk with Togo on export license.ANDREW IN INDIAINDIA - Andrew to get import licenseINDIA - Find area to unload container load of woodINDIA - Make list of potential buyers numbers, locations, address etc at least 20INDIA - Tell father of plans, and ask him to help. INDIA - Andy calls father to discussBUYING LOGS TO SHIP TO INDIAKPALIME - Buy ONE big log for demostration KPALIME - Show log to 30 shops, depots, and tell them the price we will pay - We want to find all the chain saw operators.KPALIME - Find a holding lot for logsKPALIME - Collect logs in one location until we have container load.GBALAVE - Show large logs.FOREST DE NOTCHE -- Offer to buy treesAGOE - Get papers for shipping logsKPALIME - Arrange for transport to Lome of Logs for containerKPALIME - Get crew to transport to lomeKPALIME - Leave Kpalime, with load of men, and wood for lome.KPALIME -KPALIME -TRANSPORT LOGS TO LOMELOME - Call Damco to arrange containerLOME - Location of containerLOME - Load containerINDIA - Andrew meets at dockINDIA - Transports to rented lot, building, safe storageINDIA - Andrew calls for buyersLOME -LOME -LOME -LOME -LOME -LOME -ANDY GOES TO BALI - INDONESIAANTOINE CHECKS MOISTURETHAILAND -WOODSHOP PROCEDURESChecklist of skills for student to learn:- Arrive on time- Safety googles- No gloves- Cleanliness is safety- Turning on, and off machines- Worker awarnessBooks, Internet, Tours for Student- Download books, print, and give to all studentsChecklist to Cut wood to Dimensions How to Buy Wood for WoodworkingWood gradeTypes of wood cutsCutlistWood defectsSizing up the wood Dimensional woodSteps in the Woodworking ProcessRead the plans.Check and double-check the materials list.Plan your cut list.Choose the most appropriate part of the boardGrain PatternsPre-mill all the boards to get straight and flat pieces.Mill the boards to their final dimensions.planing and jointing the boards.Cut the joints.Dry fit the assemblies to make sure everything fits properly.Make sure that your assemblies and subassemblies fit together properly before you add any glue.Glue the assembly and clamp it.
Log In to Leave a Comment or Join
Copyright © 2018 All rights reserved.
Not a member? Sign Up
Gear For Sale by HoboTraveler.com. All gear sold, and shipped from Amazon.com for safe, fast service.
teakintogo.com is a part of the HoboTraveler network.
The 100 Best Cities to Live International are chosen by Hobo Travelers on the Hobo Network. Our goal at Hobo is to give you 100, then you can narrow it down 10. Become and member of that city group. You can learn the pros and cons from members living there.
The 100 Best Cities to Live Abroad