How We Define High End Furniture?
1. Furniture made of wood dried to below 8 percent moisture.
2. Furniture properly finished.
3. Furniture made to standard dimensions defined prior to fabrication.
4. Furniture that will last for 500 years.
5. Furniture that does not decrease in value.
6. Furniture our children inherit.
7. Furniture made using the highest quality tools.
8. Wood this does not dent easily.
9. Finishes applied in dust free environments.
10. Finishes allowed to dry properly.
Furniture ChecklistWood good: solid wood or 9+ layer plywood bad: thin plywood, particleboard, pressboard, fiberboard bad: knots, cracks bad: soft, easily scratched surfacesJoints great: dovetail, mortise & tenon good: reinforcing corner blocks good: dowels, screws bad: staples, nails, visible glueDrawers great: dust panels, floating bottoms good: metal glide rails, stops bad: wood-on-wood slidingFrame good: even, level with floor bad: twists, creaks, wobblesSprings great: hand-tied coil springs good: close together, even resistance bad: any springs more than a few inches apartCushions good: firm foam wrapped in padding good: protective inner cover good: reversible cushions bad: bare foam bad: loose fill without internal sectioningUpholstery good: aligned patterns good: skirts with lining or weights bad: skimpy padding along arms and back
Log In to Leave a Comment or Join
Copyright © 2018 All rights reserved.
Not a member? Sign Up
Gear For Sale by HoboTraveler.com. All gear sold, and shipped from Amazon.com for safe, fast service.
teakintogo.com is a part of the HoboTraveler network.
The 100 Best Cities to Live International are chosen by Hobo Travelers on the Hobo Network. Our goal at Hobo is to give you 100, then you can narrow it down 10. Become and member of that city group. You can learn the pros and cons from members living there.
The 100 Best Cities to Live Abroad