Our goal is to have a 20 foot container load of furniture made in Togo, West Africa at European and American standards. Label with bar codes, pack, and send to Amazon.com in the USA to test sales. If they do well, then we increase production.
Goal: To find Togolese workers willing to make runs of 20-50 pieces of exact same furniture, same quality.
Goal: To have 10 different products for sale on Amazon, after the 20 foot container arrives in USA.
PROFILE OF PRESENT WORK FORCE FOR WOODWORKERS
One Cabinet Shop Per City BlockI am estimating, there is one cabinet making wood shop in every square city block in Togo. There is zero shortage of people doing this business. I can try, and try, and try again until we find workers willing to do German or American quality work. They Do Not Know High QualityPlease understand, they only know Togo workmanship, and the master carpenters here would normally be just labor inside the USA, or Germany. So, it is not proper to expect them to know how to make high level furniture, we will need so set up protocols.
Average Ability to Speak or Read French in this Industry?1 in 20 talks even passable French, only 1 in 20 is literate. They speak Ewe, Kabye, Kotocoli etc, local indigenous languages.
PROFILE OF PERSON WE FEEL BEST QUALIFIED TO HAVE SUCCESS.
ACCESS BY GOING TO SHOP AND OBSERVING
1. Under age of 30, so has very few bad habits.
3. Has his own shop.
4. Lives next to his shop.
5. Opens daily at 7-8
6. No more than 2 labors.
7. Shop has electricity
8. Shop walking distance to wood depot, where they have wood planed.
9. Tools adequate.
1. (Social Problems) Who is your master?
2. This will see if they read.
3. (Communications Skills) Text message, and wait for replies.
4. Contact, name of wife, children.
5. (Social Problems) Home village, and language.
6. (Communications Skills) E-mail communication in French, or English would be grand.
FISHING FOR WORKERS - INTERVIEW STRATEGY
- We will be fishing for curious, and innovative minds, carpenters
I will personally walk around, handing out proposal packages, not spending more than 10 minutes are each carpentry shop.
I will carry with me an example of the products.
Proposal has:1. Photos from all angles of the product.2. There will be no sizes on photo, we want to know if the person triggers to the need to measure.3. Price we will pay.4. Telephone number.5. Request they contact me by text message.6. I will not tell them where I live, and see if they ask.
Bites - Is their curiosity "Triggered."
1. When they text message.
SOCIAL PROBLEM QUESTIONS
1. Who does he wish to impress?
2. Who does he wish to pulldown?
4. All workers need to come to us, we do not go to them, they need to be curious, we will test passive transfer concepts, we bait.
DOING TEST PRODUCT WITH PERSON
1. Ask him to improve on product.
2. Ask him when he will be finished, so we can learn time management.
3. Stop at shop, at 7 two days after and see if he has prepared the job, set it up?
4. Give him the wood, do not allow him to purchase.
5. Give him twice the amount of wood needed, tell him this, and see if he will return it without prompting.
6. Any problems is directly addressed, no passive agressive
QUALITY CHECK OF EXAMPLE HE MAKES
1. Give to master, and have him review.
2. Give to neighbors, and ask them to decide.
Log In to Leave a Comment or Join
Copyright © 2018 All rights reserved.
Not a member? Sign Up
Gear For Sale by HoboTraveler.com. All gear sold, and shipped from Amazon.com for safe, fast service.
teakintogo.com is a part of the HoboTraveler network.
The 100 Best Cities to Live International are chosen by Hobo Travelers on the Hobo Network. Our goal at Hobo is to give you 100, then you can narrow it down 10. Become and member of that city group. You can learn the pros and cons from members living there.
The 100 Best Cities to Live Abroad